Monday, April 6, 2009

Easter Arrived In A Box

Today while Katie and I were working on the driveway's border, Joyce our mail lady came down the driveway. She had a package for Katie which was from my sister Linda. I am not ashamed to admit that I bribed Katie. I told her she could open her box AFTER she took her nap. Her little head hit her pillow and she napped without protest.

When she got up I kept up my end of the bargain and Katie got to open her box. Inside were her Easter presents which included a Peeps chick, a wooden Cinderella paper doll that she could decorate herself; Texas stickers and a Easter cookie kit.

The chick got a hello kiss.


She wanted to immediately decorate her wooden paper doll.

Katie decided Cinderella was a Texas princess, so she stuck a few of the Texas stickers on her. Katie placed the cowboy hat on Cinderella's head; the yellow roses, horseshoes and State of Texas adorn her skirt; the cowboy boots were put at the bottom of the dress along with the "Texas" sticker (which is hard to see in the picture) and she placed the Alamo near Cinderella's hands so it looks like a purse. (I colored Cinderella's hair and arms.)

I tried to hide the cookie kit in the kitchen, but when Katie was done stickering Cinderella, she asked me where the cookies went. She wanted to decorate the cookies, so I mixed up the icing and frosted the ready-made cookies. Katie decorated the cookies with the included gum drops and round candies.

And here are the finished cookies.


Thank you Auntie Linda for the wonderful Easter gifts. Like a true Backstrom she couldn't wait for the actual day to open her box.

0 comments :