Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Naughty, Naughty, Naughty

Today was one of those days where Katie was a just plain naughty. She fit a week's worth of no-no's into five hours.

To start the day off, she only ate 1/2 of her breakfast, which was Fruit Loops. I thought she was full, but a few minutes later she went into the pantry, got the chocolate chip cookie container and proceeded to eat cookies. She is allowed to get herself an apple, a piece of cheese, pretzels or the whole grain crackers, but she knows that all sweets are doled out by me, so raiding the pantry for the cookies was a no-no.

A little bit later she dragged a dining room chair into the kitchen and attacked the candy bowl. Another no-no.

While I was in the office working on an Excel project, Katie was in the kitchen. She once again dragged a dining room chair into the kitchen and positioned it in front of the stove. She climbed up on the chair to reach the cabinet above the stove that holds all of my spices. She emptied three large bottles of spices into a copper teapot that I keep on the stove. I caught her when she was reaching for bottle number four. So steak seasoning, Italian seasoning and thyme have been added to the shopping list. The no-no's she did by trying to "cook" are numerous, but the big one is playing on the stove. Thank God she did not turn it on.

Next no-no. While eating lunch, she repeatedly kicked the foot rest on her high chair. Rick asked her to stop two times, but she just had to get in one more kick. Rick scooped her out of her high chair and sent her to the corner. After her time out, I placed her back in the high chair and she told me, "Daddy did a no-no." When I asked her what he did, she said that he didn't finish eating his lunch--Rick had left the room to answer the phone. I explained that Daddy was coming back to finish his lunch. Then she said, "Daddy bit me" which was a blatant lie. I think she was trying to garner my sympathy and when I didn't do a "poor Katie" when she got sent to the corner, she embellished to make her plight more traumatic.

Wait, there's more. She painted her table instead of the suncatcher, knocked a picture off of the wall and the list goes on and on and on. Here's hoping that the nap she is taking will rid her of the impishness.

Pathetically, the bright spot of the day is that Katie was a flawless potty chair user. (Yup, I'm a typical mother. My child's peeing and pooping is a note in my blog.)

0 comments :