Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Interesting.....

My husband is a member of Mensa and I was reading his regional newsletter that we received in the mail today. Here is an interesting tidbit I found.
"The government is now spending billions to save AIG while letting other financials fend for themselves. Why? I don't suppose it has anything to do with the fact that AIG guarantees the congressional pension fund."
Aaaah. That may partially explain it. If AIG failed it could have caused the failure of the western banking system but I cannot help but wonder if the underlying motivation could have been to prevent our elected officials' pension plan from doing the whirlybird down the drain. I realize AIG guarantees or manages other pension funds and their demise could be catastrophic, but why does this reek of the 1% taking care of the 1% and screwing the majority of the people?

0 comments :