Katie's swing set is still in the middle of the driveway/road that runs to the west of the front yard. I stood it upright and other than a few scuff marks it is not bent or twisted. I need Rick's help to move it back from whence it came.
Because of the condition of the front yard and the location of the swing set, Katie and I motored over to Stamford Park for some outdoor fun time. When I pulled into the parking lot, Katie started screaming with absolute excitement. We made the rounds and tested all of the gym equipment. She doesn't like the slides because she becomes electrifying after using them. It took just one shock for her to decide that swinging was more up her alley. I brought her over to the baby swing set, which had little horse swings. She started crying when I placed her on one of the paint-chipped horses. Perhaps it was the sorry state of the horse that distressed her. We then played on the merry-go-round until I felt like I was going to puke. After I got my balance back we headed over to the big kids' swings, which are her favorites. She squeals and demands, "Faster Mommy!" I don't like to get her going too high because I have a fear that she will let go of the chains and just sail through the air.
On our way back to the car we visited with the ducks and geese. They must be used to people feeding them because they were quite interested in our approach. Katie wanted to stand on the bridge that overlooks the fountain and pond. I was about 30' away and was taking pictures of her when I noticed a gaggle of ducks and geese step onto the bridge. Katie started walking towards them and the gaggle picked up their pace as they advanced on Katie. Having seen enough clips on "America's Funniest Home Videos" to know that geese can be mean and can bite, I called for Katie to come to me. She turned around and leisurely started walking towards me. The gaggle began moving faster. I yelled to Katie, "Run! They're chasing you!" She started running and so did the gaggle. I grabbed Katie's hand and we high-tailed it to the parking lot. The gaggle continue to pursue us; however, once we reached the lot, they didn't attempt to cross the railroad tie border and small fence. One goose, who was the leader of the pack, was especially aggressive and continued to angrily squawk at us. Thankfully Katie didn't cry or seem traumatized from the chase and she actually wanted to stand by the low fence and talk to them. Last thing I wanted to do was to plant the seed of goose phobia in her little mind.
Here are a few of the pictures from our morning at the park.
Katie and I really do enjoy Stamford Park. When I told her we were going to the park she grabbed her golf clubs and a ball, but once at the park she was more interested in what was there instead of what she had brought from home. So of course I ended up carrying her golf clubs and ball as we wandered from one end of the park to the other. Next time they stay in the trunk.
On another side note, Anson also had a park for young children. Unfortunately about one month ago some S.O.B. poured gas on the equipment and lit a match to it. Ninety percent of the park was destroyed. Rick had taken Katie to that park, but I had not. It was a new park with new gym sets and swing sets for the kids. It makes you wonder what type of sick person would burn down a city park that was built for young kids, kids Katie's age. And this is not the first time someone tried to burn it down. Rumor has it that some people in the City of Anson were upset about the amount of money that went into building the park. If that was the motive for the arsonist, why in the hell take it out on kids? There are city council meeting where one can air their grievances. Regardless of the why, I am confident that they will apprehend who did this act of arson. Too many people in Anson and in this area are absolutely disgusted. The arsonist's secret will be safe with no one. I feel sorry for the family of the arsonist. In a small town like Anson, the arsonist's family will be run out of town if they do not voluntarily leave from humiliation and shame.
On another side note, Anson also had a park for young children. Unfortunately about one month ago some S.O.B. poured gas on the equipment and lit a match to it. Ninety percent of the park was destroyed. Rick had taken Katie to that park, but I had not. It was a new park with new gym sets and swing sets for the kids. It makes you wonder what type of sick person would burn down a city park that was built for young kids, kids Katie's age. And this is not the first time someone tried to burn it down. Rumor has it that some people in the City of Anson were upset about the amount of money that went into building the park. If that was the motive for the arsonist, why in the hell take it out on kids? There are city council meeting where one can air their grievances. Regardless of the why, I am confident that they will apprehend who did this act of arson. Too many people in Anson and in this area are absolutely disgusted. The arsonist's secret will be safe with no one. I feel sorry for the family of the arsonist. In a small town like Anson, the arsonist's family will be run out of town if they do not voluntarily leave from humiliation and shame.
0 comments :
Post a Comment